Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Support from the Blogosphere

The internet and social networking has been played a significant role in this General Election or has it? I've had over 16,000 hits on my blog since I have been working for the Conservatives in South Shields. I've often wished I'd set up a better monitor for this traffic - so I could see who was reading my blog and how often. Is it just the politically interested who read our blogs or are we successfully engaging with the regular internet user who might be checking the news at the same time as he checks a blog in his local town? I wonder, but I know I would love to secure 16,000 votes.

I digress though. This is a blog written by a South Shields writer. Thanks, Peter for the support:

http://www.peterwrites.co.uk/blog/2010/05/voting-for-change/

Vote Local, Vote for Change, Vote Karen Allen tmrw!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck Karen we are all rooting for you, were all voting for change and you deserve to be driving it, best Mark

6:17 pm  
Blogger Mark said...

Best of luck Karen, hope all goes to plan. Mark

6:18 pm  
Anonymous Peter said...

Thank you for linking to my post, Karen. You've ran a good campaign and I hope to see the town blue tomorrow night.

9:59 pm  
Blogger Rachel said...

Karen, I will be honest Im not interested in politics and rarely understand the major topics however as Shields girl born and bred who at 30 has worked since being 16 you have secured my vote Labour have taken this town to the grave as they are doing with our country. We need regeneration and a voice the town centre is a dump with closed shops left right and centre, the roads are a disgusting state and surely after so long of one thing onviously not working we need to embrace the new and support change. I think you have a hard battle as the town seems to be Labour through and through but Good Luck I really hope you get the spot!!!
Rache

5:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home