Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Thursday, May 06, 2010

I've voted - have you?

I'm curious what the turnout today has been in South Shields. The Westoe Crown polling station was pretty quiet when I was there, but I understand other stations have been very busy and certainly from talking to people today I've met many people have said this is the first time or the first time in a long while they have voted.

So how will it all translate? What will the result in South Shields be? With a record nine General Election candidates, what will this do to the current majority?

The South Shields Count is expected to be announced at 1.40am at Temple Park Leisure Centre. My next post will be with the results.

If you haven't voted yet, I'll leave you with Boris's message:

This is it. As I write these words Gordon Brown should be teetering on the edge of the political oblivion he so richly deserves.

One shove, one nudge, one tiny prod in the right place - and we will at last be rid of this bankrupt embarrassment of a Labour government. Just one last push and this great country will be spared another five years of Gordon Brown.

We will avoid the drift and dither of a hung parliament. We will give a Conservative government the chance to offer dynamic and energetic government and by tomorrow morning we will begin the work of undoing the damage done by Labour.

Who is there left to administer this final judicious kick to the Labour Party's ample posterior?

It could be you.

If you have yet to vote - and you have five minutes to spare - I urge you and all your family and friends to get down to the polling station and play your part in history.

In an election this tight, your vote could be decisive. The boot's on your foot. For the good of our country - I urge you to use it.

Boris Johnson

3 Comments:

Anonymous Peter said...

St Micheal's Church were saying they'd been busy when I went in about eleven this morning.

Good luck, hope to sed David Dimbleby having an amused chuckle at a certain Minister's expense come 1:40.

6:14 pm  
Anonymous Lizzie said...

I voted bright and early this AM. I certainly hope this one is a turn out for the books. it would be great to say I took part in the election that finally got Miliband out of his seat and someone who actually cares as the MP of this town.

9:20 pm  
Anonymous David Rocke said...

Hey, well done...your gains in number and share of votes count as the bloody nose I mentioned earlier...suspect he'll find a safer seat in due course...

4:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home