Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Final King St Stall

As we're in the last week and weekend before polling, we're doing the final King St stall this morning. I will be joined again by council candidate, Ross Huartt.

We estimate around a third of voters in South Shields have postal votes, so a lot of people have voted already (the postal voters seem to be a high percentage of Tory voters) so there's everything still to campaign for with the remaining two thirds either Labour or undecided. We've barely come across any Lib Dem supporters, so will be very interested to see what they poll on May 6th. Their candidate seems a decent enough chap but he's been invisible throughout the campaign from what I have seen.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lizzie said...

I feel the exact same way about the lib dem candidate, all I have had is one leaflet this week and that is all I have heard from him all campaign. He does not seem to be doing any canvassing, nor does he have a website or blog. I just feel like if he is not even bothered to really campaign for it, then he would probably not be bothered if he became our MP
Good luck today,
Conservatives for the win!

11:00 am  
Blogger Rogue Economist said...

I absolutely concur with Lizzie on this one, getting leaflets a couple weeks before the big day and no other communication, its a joke!

You worked your socks off Karen, you deserve to win, we need a strong representative for Shields and the country.

Den.

1:41 pm  
Anonymous Pete said...

Alas, Karen, I'm afraid you've missed the 0.000001% of the electorate who are not good at the whole 'morning' thing. By the time I got down there I was just getting shouted at about animal cruelty. Luckily that section of the electorate (me) is avowedly conservative anyway.

2:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home