Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Thick of It

I took a couple of hours out this afternoon to pop up to Newcastle with my Mother. I could tell when my Father picked us up at Chichester Metro he was bursting to ask something: "What you heard about Brown?" All sorts of things went through my mind - had he stood down? Had he found a secret weapon??

Listening to the radio what unfolded was the plot of an episode of "The Thick of It." I could almost hear Malcolm Tucker: "He's done what.....?! Get him back there. Get him into Mrs Duffy's house, apologising, having tea...."

There's really very little to comment on the whole episode - Brown's actions speak for themselves. Amateur. Spiteful. Out of touch.

Vote for Change. Vote for Conservative. The country cannot take five more years of Labour.

6 Comments:

OpenID curly15 said...

Was it really such a great idea to go back to the scene of the crime? That poor woman will now be hounded by the world's press for 48 hours, she'll be wishing she'd never bumped into Grumpy Gordon (and that will cheer him up).

To make matters worse he grins throughout his apology!

8:56 pm  
Anonymous Peter said...

I felt heartily sorry for her when she heard what he had said. It's a terrible way to treat the electorate but then I still remember Walter Wolfgang being wrenched out of the hall at their party conference. They don't care and they take votes for granted.

10:16 pm  
Blogger Rogue Economist said...

Watching ten O clock news I know what you are talking about now, absolutely disgusting behaviour from our 'leader'.
Also watched Labour's political broadcast, same lies as their leaflets (Shake head) I pray the people of South Shields and the rest of UK wake up to these blatant liars!!
Regards,
Den.

10:34 pm  
Anonymous Simon said...

As an outsider I opened up the local papers in Toronto today to see what this was all about. Conduct unbecoming!! I continue to be very interested watching the dynamics of this specific election unfold.

12:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amature and spiteful is the fact that you have felt it appropriate to comment on the episode. It is just the usual conservative mud slinging which the electorate have come to expect. Clegg made a much more dignified response

9:18 am  
Blogger Karen Allen said...

Anon - sorry you feel like that. This is a blog and I am trying to use it to discuss the issues of the day. I did a short post on the incident, because I don't think it can go uncommented on - yesterday on almost every doorstep this was what people talked about.
Surely it was Mr Brown's behaviour which was "amateur and spiteful" and he's supposed to be the Prime Minister.

10:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home