Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Sunday, April 04, 2010

Serial Misleader


There have been too many times recently where Gordon Brown has been shown as a serial offender in misleading the British people in the run-up to the election.

I have given some consideration to this. He bleats on about his honour and how he is a man of principle so the fact he has

a) given false information on defence spending to the Chilcot Inquiry
b) had his advertising campaign about policing was banned
c) been been caught red-handed using dodgy statistics on immigration.

Leads me to three possibilities:

a) he has a bad memory
b) he actually doesn't realise when he is lying*
c) he's a pathological liar

Which ever of these three are true (and one has to be) I don't want a Prime Minister with any of these "qualities." I don't think he can be trusted to use facts, not fiction, so how can he be trusted with Britain’s future?

* I toyed with the definition of psychopath i.e. one with a marked lack of conscience, one who is typically remorseless and inclined to blame others. However a key and fundamental characteristic is also "charm" so I decided to knock this definition on the head.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rogue Economist said...

I agree, I don't mind a Prime Minister that makes mistakes and drops the ball, it's a helluva job, but I do require some honesty and integrity!!

Regards,

Den

12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home