Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

More Labour Lies

I suppose what can we expect when our Prime Minister is a liar? We couldn't really expect the Labour Party to show any moral fibre and just campaign on the campaign issues (which is exactly what David Cameron is doing) rather than making up a lot of lies and nonsense. But scaring pensioners into thinking "Conservatives will scrap Winter Fuel, bus passes...." is pretty much the lowest of the low. Con Home posted on this recently:


http://conservativehome.blogs.com/leftwatch/2010/03/labour-use-dishonest-leaflets-to-scare-pensioners-about-tory-plans.html


Scaremonger leaflets are doing the rounds in South Shields now. I've had several calls about leaflets being distributed in Whitburn. I've had calls from worried pensioners seeking reassurance the cuts are not Conservative policy and I have also had a number of calls from pensioners saying they know the leaflets are full lies and they don't believe them and will vote Conservative.

I actually know that the content of these leaflets is coming from the top in South Shields and Mr Miliband is peddling these precise lies. When I was on King Street two weekends ago, a shopper just moments before she came to speak to me had been told by Miliband himself (at the other end of King Street) "we got you your bus pass and the Tories are going to take them away." She was really quite upset and not surprisingly.

I can refer you to David Cameron's Pensioner Pledge which was released last month which I hope will reassure anyone reading:


http://www.conservatives.com/News/News_stories/2010/03/Conservatives_announce_pensioner_pledge.aspx

1 Comments:

Blogger Rogue Economist said...

I personally am sick of hearing Labour lies and putting up with people on at me about what Conservatives are going to do, which I then have to explain is in fact the Labour propoganda machine!!

Since Milliband took position in 2001 he has consistently ignored me in all requests and no doubt will again if he takes the seat, I am voting for the person that does reply and does not tell a pack of lies to win their seat!!

Thanks for the links Karen, helps when I put people right about Labour lies Grrrr!!

9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home