Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Manifesto Launch



I attended the Manifesto launch yesterday morning at Battersea Power Station (can you spot me in the pics wearing a "We're in this together" T-shirt!) A very apt setting I thought for the event - a landmark disused building on the brink of regeneration. It really was an exhilarating morning. There was a real buzz in the air in the hall and David Cameron was on his best form.

If you compare to previous leaders' manifestos we are actually saying and clearly laying out a lot. Our plans and vision for the next decade could truly transform this country. I believe people are ready to embrace our invitation to "Join the Government." People are sick and tired of a Government claiming it can do everything and is the body who can change things for the better - the only way this country can get back on track is if we give people the power to make changes and to do things for themselves. Together.

http://www.conservatives.com/Policy/Manifesto.aspx


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home