Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Thursday, April 01, 2010

Easter Weekend in South Shields

I'm looking forward to spending Easter with my family in South Shields. Mixed in with campaigning I am hoping there will be some time to enjoy some of the events and concerts South Tyneside Council have organised. There's a great line up down at the Seafront. My old school friend, Iain Cunningham is playing with his band Shake Ya Feather Tail on Good Friday, so looking forward to seeing them play.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/Free-music-festival-will-make.6197996.jp

On Saturday I'm off to see the Sunderland vs Tottenham Hot Spurs match. An important game for Spurs as I understand.... so come on the Black Cats!!

Fingers crossed for the weather too - looks as though they will be some patches of sunshine. When the sun is shining on the coastline here in the North East I truly believe there is no where better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home