Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Elvis Brown - The Wonder of You?


Oh Gordon, Gordon, Gordon. You used to have Tony as your front man. In previous General Election campaigns you'd be safely tucked away in Labour HQ. Now you're left exposed and vulnerable in front of the elector. Who sanctioned this?? Alastair would never have allowed it to happen. Makes you wonder if someone at Labour's Campaign HQ is having a laugh at the Prime Minister's expense:

"When no-one else can understand me
When everything I do is wrong[...]
And when you smile the world is brighter."

I'd personally prefer if Mr Brown restrained himself from smiling. It makes me very uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortable as he looks when he reminds himself to do it.

Watch highlights of the spectacle:

http://playpolitical.typepad.com/political_music/2010/04/the-ludicrous-spectacle-that-is-an-elvis-impersonator-performing-at-a-labour-campaign-event-.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home