Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Election Address


Under Election rules as a Parliamentary Candidate you can apply to have Royal Mail deliver a copy of one of your leaflets to all addresses in your constituency. This leaflet is my election address which every voter in the South Shields constituency will receive. Hopefully you will receive this leaflet during this week or the early part of next week.

My Election Address is one of four leaflets for the Campaign, so I hope most of you in South Shields will have received at least one if not two or three of the other leaflets. I have tried to make my leaflets clear and to the point. I have not employed any scaremonger tactics as the disgraceful Labour leaflets.

Vote Local, Vote for Change, Vote Karen Allen!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rogue Economist said...

Received mine today, thats my second leaflet now.

Very professional well done!

The worst for content I received was the BNP, truly clueless and even though I was being swayed by Clegg on the 1st TV debate, after reading Lib/dem's leaflet I had to restrain myself laughing at their economic policies. 'As if by magic they create all this surplus cash'

Oh thats right they are going to heavily tax the 'rich' a loose definition at best which will gain them almost nothing in overall taxation increase compared to what they will be spending, likely even cause greater deficit.
I am sure Vince Cable had nothing to do with those policies!

8:32 pm  
Blogger Karen Allen said...

Glad you received this leaflet - you must have been on the first leg of Royal Mail's route. It hasn't been delivered in my ward yet.

9:37 pm  
Blogger Calgary Rants said...

Looks great! I love that The Mail service will deliver these during the election in your country. Good Luck Karen!

Shane

5:46 pm  
Anonymous Peter said...

I'm over at Westoe and we got ours too - yesterday, I believe. It's by far the best designed leaflet of any we've had and it's good to see a rebuttal of the lies in the Labour attack leaflets.

10:11 pm  
Blogger Karen Allen said...

Hope everyone has their Election Address in South Shields now. Mine was delivered yesterday.
Only one final leaflet to go out now - the Polling Week leaflet. If you have any spare time to help deliver it, please let me know!

10:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home