Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Canvas Result

An interesting day in Westoe and Horsely Hill today. I canvassed patches around Highfield Road, including Hemsley Road and the streets behind the Townhall off Hyde St. Although a lot of voters have already returned their postal vote, there are still many undecided voters - these were formerly Labour voters who are not not sure which way to plunge. I'm really pleased to report though there are many first time Conservative voters. There are lots of people in South Shields who want to give us a chance.

If you would like to suggest a street for us to canvas please post a comment. I'm very interested to visit a wide selection of streets in South Shields.

For those of you who are still undecided - Vote for Change, Vote Local, Vote Karen Allen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home