Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ingenious Britain

I attended the South Tyneside Manufacturing Forum at Bede's World today. Geoff Ford, Chairman of Ford Component Manufacturing, chairs the monthly lunch meeting. Groups like the STMF are listening very carefully to what the political parties are saying about business and enterprise. James Dyson's "Ingenious Britain," which was commissioned by David Cameron, was released earlier this month and has attracted a lot of very positive attention.

I urge you to read the report which looks at education available to aspiring scientists and engineers, as well as the culture and climate for enterprise development. I sat in Manchester session where Dyson spoke at our last conference and was equally as impressed as I am with the findings of this report which I hope the Conservatives are able to start implementing from May:
http://www.conservatives.com/News/News_stories/2010/03/Dyson_sets_out_plans_to_boost_high_tech_industry.aspx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home