Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It's a pretty slushy Christmas Eve in South Shields this morning. The ice, similar to many other parts of the country, was treacherous yesterday and is likely to become more so with the rain today. I was hoping to venture down to King St for a few last minute items, but I'm going to play it by ear - looking at the alternatives I don't fancy the Two Ronnies very much and the presents are already wrapped and under the tree.

I would like to wish everyone in South Shields a very Merry Christmas. Hope your day with is filled with joy and spent with your loved ones. For many people Christmas can be a difficult time, particularly where loved ones are missing and for some families were it's the first Christmas without a close family member and for those people a special prayer this Christmas.

In the Allen household, we'll have a very traditional day - turkey with all of the trimmings, followed by a very lethal homemade Christmas Pudding I picked up at a farmers market - with close family members in the Kingsway. As always I am looking forward to our post lunch stroll along the seafront and Marine Park, just hope the weather is OK for it. I last remember a white Christmas in South Shields in (what I recall as being) 1994. Although this has just sparked a mild debate and my father thinks it was 1995!

Tonight I'm going to pop along to the carol singing at 6pm in Westoe Village - which should be lovely, so long as you are wrapped up warm!

Merry Christmas.



Westoe Village Carols

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home