Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Go Joe!


Joe McElderry is everywhere you look in South Shields! Gazette support posters are proudly displayed in every other window, my mother was quick to put her's up in the porch. I have realised that Joe and I share two things in common - we were both pupils at Harton School and we both grew up in Westoe.

I watched the show last Saturday and once I realised contenstants were travelling back to their home towns, I eagerly waited for Joe to have his turn and for the clip of South Shields. I was wondering which of our many beauty spots they might pick to show the town in its splendor? The Pier, with the mouth of the Tyne and the North Sea? Trow Rocks? the Leas? South Marine Park? Oh no...... why show any of these wonderful things our town has to offer, when you could show a dumped sofa in the back lane of St Vincent St. I couldn't help but think ITV were poking fun at the North, I mean they even managed to make Dagenham look good for one of the other contestants!!

Anyway, judging by his performance on Saturday I think Joe is the clear favourite to win the show. I wish him all the best and who knows hopefully he can be persuaded to turn on the Christmas lights in South Shileds next year instead of the Cheeky Girls.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe is great!Fantastic voice and Talent!I hope he will win!
On the other hand, the Cheeky Girls are Fab,the Best show girls on stage!Singing is a human quality,millions can do it,but only one in a milion can own the stage;the Cheeky Girls can do that.

2:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home