Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Democratic Approach to Insurance




I'm going to listen to Bill Clinton talk about Insurance later this afternoon. I'm in Chicago at one of my annual industry conferences - the Professional Liability Underwriting Society, or PLUS as we fondly know it - and none other than Bill Clinton will give the opening Key Note speech. With the near downfall of AIG last year and the 'tentacles' the insurance industry does undoubtedly extend in our global economy, I am looking forward to hearing his views.

I was wondering when I tried to connect to my wireless in the Ritz Carlton yesterday if he was already tucked away in his room writing his speech.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home