Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Eastern Warbler in Trow Quarry


I took a stroll, before lunch today, along the cliffs by Frenchman's Bay and Trow Rocks. I didn't spot the Eastern Warbler but it was hard to miss the dozens of avid bird watchers, some of whom had travelled from other parts of the country, to try to catch a glimpse of the Eastern Warbler, a bird only previously found in China:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2009/10/24/eastern-crowned-warbler-lands-in-trow-quarry-61634-25002558/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/8322447.stm

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is amazing!

12:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has he been spotted again?

12:39 am  
Blogger Karen Allen said...

I'm not entirely certainly the Warbler is a "he," nevertheless, I can unfortunately report no further sightings of the bold, striped headed one, despite twitchers being poised on the South Shields coastline.

6:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home