Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Constituents Coffee Morning in Whitburn


This morning's "Welcome to the South Shields Constituency" coffee morning at the Whitburn Cricket Club was very enjoyable. As well as Association members supporting from both South Shields and Jarrow, we had a number of non-member constituents who wanted to talk about the area and to ask questions about the Conservative Party and of course we also had the traditional raffle - a Tory gathering would never be complete without one!

I'm delighted Marsden and Whitburn are joining the boundaries of South Shields. I'd be even more delighted if the seat of South Shields was redrawn as its natural form to encompass Cleadon and East Boldon. The addition of these two areas would mean South Shields would be a marginal or even a Conservative seat. We can but hope, one day maybe.....

I'm off now to tuck into a bowl of pasta. Have to keep my carbs up for the run tomorrow!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home