Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Finished in 2 hours 10 minutes!


I really did thoroughly enjoy the race today and was pleased I managed to do just under the 10 minutes miles I had been running. I didn't feel much pain until I got on to the John Reid Road. The road seemed endless.... and the hill on the Prince Edward Road as you approached the Marsen Inn almost a killer - but I persevered!

The atmosphere on the course was brilliant as was the weather, although it was a bit on the warm side (but to be honest training in the heat in London had been much worse on some days). There were live acts throughout, which did keep you motivated to carry on. I even caught a glimpse of Sting on the start line. Great day! I'm now off to put my feet up and enjoy a beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home