Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Final Training Before Run Day!


I have less than 10 days of training left before my first Great North Run. I'd always wanted to do the run. I remember as a child looking forward to July (when the race was still held in July) to cheer on runners on the Broadway.

I'm incredibly proud the world's biggest half marathon and the UK's biggest race finishes in South Shields.

Over 50,000 runners will take part this year - runners from all over the world taking in the views of our beautiful coastline on the approach to the finish line - raising hundreds of thousands of pounds for charity. I am running for Cancer Research:

http://www.justgiving.com/karen-allen/

Upon completion I won't have far to stagger home - which might just be a good thing. I've done the odd 10k before, but never really anymore than that. I've tried to take the training quite seriously and I'm hoping to get one more long run in before the 20th September......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home