Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Toyah Wilcox at the Bents Park


After seeing the Killers and Blur at Hyde Park within the last couple of week, I was glad to find my concert going was not at an end and we had Sinead Quinn, T'Pau and Toyah Wilcox in the Bents Park.

This afternoon was part of South Tyneside's annual Summer Festival which is three months of free fun and entertainment. As well as big name entertainment during the school holidays there are parties hosted by Tommy the Trumpeter, Street Entertainment and Saturday fun days.

Brolly in hand today we set off, hoping the rain would stave off. As we found, however, it was not just the weather that was a bit blue. T'Pau's front woman, Carol Decker, got off to a bad start with a string of expletives and struggled to reach most of the notes in her hit single China in Your Hand. Anyway.... Toyah was brilliant. She really captured the audience and gave an extremely vibrant performance. I only had my umbrella up half of the time too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home