Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

British Heart Foundation

Unfortunately the reality is that heart disease affects us all whether directly or indirectly. The British Heart Foundation have been doing a fantastic job to fight against premature death and disability from heart, the charity’s aim being to raise awareness on the causes and affects of heart disease thereby preventing and improving the care for people with heart disease.

The British Heart Foundation shop in South Shields is one of the busiest shops the charity runs. Lisa Burles, Manager at the store told me they are always looking for more volunteers to cope with the demand. I wanted to start giving some of my time whenever possible to work in the shop - to help in whatever way I can. There's a great atmosphere in the shop and I've really enjoyed the afternoons I've volunteered there. The store is up for Shop of the Year for the second year running, because of its record profits - fingers crossed for Lisa they will win this year.

If you have any donations of clothes, books or other household items that you would like to donate to the British Heart Foundation, you can ring the shop to arrange a driver to come to collect the items on 0191 427 9125.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home