Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Having a Butchers


I popped down to see what was going on at the Dog Walk this morning - admittedly I didn't have very far to go and it was a beautiful morning - so I think it would have been a crime almost not to pop down. The Butchers Great North Dog Walk has been going since 1990 and is organised by one of my old teachers at Harton, Tony Carlisle.

With over 12,000 dogs there was a great atmosphere, despite the fact the Walk was nearly cancelled a few weeks ago due to a key sponsor (for the water) pulling out, as Tony said "It is like having the Great North Run without water."

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/Cash-unleashed-to-save-world39s.5361639.jp

3 Comments:

OpenID curly15 said...

And how many dogs did you count?

3:17 pm  
Blogger Karen Allen said...

I saw a few!

Heard there were over 12,000 though.

8:47 pm  
OpenID curly15 said...

More than 4500 per hour? They say they had in excess of 17000, that's a lot of cars to park!

6:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home