Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bird Spotting


We'd just finished our Sunday lunch in the garden, when my mother pointed out the unusual bird feeding from their newly installed bird feeder. My father hot footed to grab his bird book and reliably informed us it was a Green Finch (as pictured to the left). I must write to Matthew Capper, who is co-ordinating the RSPB's bird spotting effort in South Tyneside, to tell him. I thought it was quite encouraging to spot some rarer birds in South Shields and a pleasant change from the beady eyed Seagulls who leers down at me with view to steal my breakfast most mornings!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home