Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Ferry Cross the Tyne...


It
It was a beautiful morning so I thought what a good idea to have bike ride along our beautiful coastline. I rode along the Shields coast and even popped over to Cullercoats on the ferry. I'm doing the Thames Bridges Bike Ride at the end of May, so I thought it would be a good idea to get a few practice rides in. I'm part of the Tower Perrin "Actuaries on Wheel" (although I am not an actuary!) team who are riding to raise money for the Stroke Association. We're riding from Tower Bridge to Hampton Court, crossing 14 London bridges along the way.

If you would like to sponsor me and donate money to the Stroke Association, you can by visitng our Just Giving page:

http://www.justgiving.com/towersperrin

It was my second venture across the Tyne this weekend. On Saturday morning me and a few people from South Shields Conservative Association popped across to Tynemouth to help Wendy Morton, the Candidate for Tynemouth. We drove through the tunnel that time, but I can assure you cycing and taking the ferry was much more enjoyable - the traffic we were stuck in on the way back was horrendous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home