Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Great North Run 2009



This weekend, I started my training for the BUPA Great North Run. I hope by starting my training program early – the race is on Sunday 20th September – that I’ll be in better stead. Growing up on a street, which was spitting distance from finish line, I vividly remember watching the tired but satisfied looking runners return to their cars having completed the race and always wanted to try to do the run myself one day.

So instead of putting it off for another year I thought this would be the year I enter and also I can try to raise some money for charity. I’m running for Cancer Research, so a little bit closer to the run I’ll post details on how, if you’d like to, you can sponsor me.

I’m in South Shields from Wednesday next week (April Fool’s Day!) so I’m hoping to get some good runs in along the coastline in between meetings and appointments. Now we are on British Summertime, there’s a little bit longer to run in the evenings. Watching the sunset over Tynemouth Priory as I ran across the Leas last month was quite breathtaking. So fingers crossed for some more good weather!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home