Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Me Me Me Meme, tagged

I have been tagged by Caroline Hunt, along with the other Exec bloggers, with five things you probably didn't know about me. (Hope this is true for most of you reading):

1. I worked on a farm in Norway picking strawberries

2. I’ve been to a BBQ at the Blairs in Trimdon Village

3. I stand on my head for 10 minutes every day

4. My wardrobe barely contains an item of black clothing

5. I’ve taken the Trans Siberian Railway

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you stand on your head?

3:02 pm  
Blogger Karen Allen said...

Just a few reasons:

1. It increases circulation to the brain, which causes improved brain function (intelligence and memory) and increased vitality and confidence.

2. It improves many ailments, such as nervousness, tension, fatigue, sleeplessness, fear, poor blood circulation, bad memory, asthma, headaches, constipation, congested throat, liver or spleen, the initial stages of eye and nose troubles, and general lack of energy, vitality or self confidence.

3. It stimulates the pituitary, the pineal, the thyroid, and the parathyroid glands that are responsible for our very existence, for they keep the body mechanism in good working order.

4. It promotes hair growth by increasing circulation to the scalp.

5. It helps to put the spine into correct alignment.

6. It restores the position of vital organs by reversing gravity.

7. The quality of sleep is improved. Poor sleep is often due to an excess of nerve impulses from the reticular formation to the cerebral cortex in the brain. The headstand causes an increase in circulation to the neck, which stimulates the baroreceptors in the neck. This calms the reticular formation down, causing reduced nerve impulses to the cerebral cortex. This results in a peaceful, deep steep.

3:05 pm  
Anonymous William said...

Interesting. I'm here because I was searching Karen Allen the actress :) ...but I will be trying ten minutes a day from now on. Thanks for that information..!

5:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are those reasons true??

I might have to add it to my NY Resolutions list if that's the case!

7:35 pm  
Anonymous De Elite Crew said...

Did you stand on your head in the Trans-Siberian railway carriage?

At what time of day do you go upside down?

7:37 pm  
Blogger Karen Allen said...

I'm glad I get some many hits this way, I must thank Indiana Jones.

8:26 pm  
Blogger Andy said...

Did you give the train back?

1:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home