Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Conference 2006


Bournemouth was actually my first Conference (I've been told I can't count the Spring Forum in Manchester). I had a great time, there was such a good atmosphere and vibe and I think generally people were upbeat, because it felt as if we are really getting there now and everything is contributing towards us winning in 2009.

There was a CF Champagne Reception on the Sunday night which had a great turn out. We'd almost given up on Mark Clarke, who had been queuing for his pass for over 24 hours by that point. Claire Palmer, as Deputy Chairman gave the welcome speech in Mark's absence, only for security to clear Mark about 15 minutes later, so we had the pleasure of speeches from both the Chairman and Deputy.

It was good to meet so many new people; an excellent opportunity to come across those who might be interested in getting involved with the Working Life side of CF, which I am responsible for. A few people who were trusting enough to give me their card can certainly expect an email from me! I'm working on my Working Life presentation now, in preparation for our Exec meeting on Monday. Looking forward to hearing the plans of the other members too.

Also very pleased to report that my blog seems to have recovered, at last, from it's adversity to publishing photos. To celebrate such a momentous occasion to me, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to stick up the photo James Cleverly took of the lovely Becky Stevens and me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Rabbit said...

What a fun evening we had!! And week!

I must say we look very drunk...

4:44 pm  
Blogger Karen Allen said...

I was thinking more radiant and enthused : )

8:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home