Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

James Cleverly for Battersea

As a former resident of Lewisham East, I have known James for a few years and had helped him campaign when he was our PPC for the General Election. Naturally I was only too happy to help him in his bid for Battersea, where he down to the final four. There was a great turnout of CF Area Chairmen and members of the Exec (ten of us in total) who seemed quite happy to leaflet Battersea in the Saturday sunshine. We covered a lot of ground and I hope more people will be encouraged to go to the Open Primary, which being hosted by Michael Portillo on Wednesday.

I think Open Primaries are an excellent idea. Many people we met in the street were very interested in the process and as I understand over 350 tickets for Wednesday have gone already.

http://jamescleverly.blogspot.com/2006/09/out-and-about-in-sunshine.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home