Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Hustings

It was a disappointing turn out at Friday's London Hustings. There were about 40-50 people there, although this time 8 of the 10 candidates made it. The proceedings were well chaired by Conor Burns and he very effectively handled what was a disgraceful performance by Andrew Young. I didn't want to get into slagging off other candidiates, but Mr Young unfortunately behaved very badly and cast a shadow over the rest of the evening, I was really disappointed in him as I had previously held him with regard.

There were good performances from Mark, Claire and Jonathan and the audience certainly seemed entertained by several of the other candidates. I think most people seem to have voted already but of those who hadn't I am sure Friday served as a suitably defining moment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Young said...

Yeah was a poor show.

Sorry.

2:46 pm  
Blogger Karen Allen said...

I'm sure you have been given enough grief over it now and you have had the decency to apologise. It would be a sad state of affairs if we choose to hold these misjudgements against people.

3:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home