Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Cities of London and Westminster Branch

I dropped by the Duke of York last night for a quick drink after the Cities of London & Westminster meeting had finished. Munish has done a great job this year and I hope he gets elected to London West this year. He deserves it.

There were several people I spoke to who were new to CF or had just moved to London and were attending their first meet with their new branch (of course there were plenty of old faces there too). I thought it was really encouraging. I hoping next year I'll be able to organise some Networking events in the City and Docklands. It's so important to get new people through the doors and then of course to keep them interested.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Gareth Thompson said...

Karen I am so glad to hear you say you are interested in organising or supporting an event like an informal drinks night in Docklands. In London North East area this is near one of our new target seats, Poplar and Limehouse and I am eager to form a new CF branch there (as yet no such branch exists to my knowledge). Any help gratefully received...if you live in Poplar or Limehouse and want to get involved please email Gareth Thompson at onioncouncilreptileiii@hotmail.com (CF Area Chairman).

7:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home