Karen Allen

I fought South Shields at the May 2010 General Election for the Conservatives, gaining a 6.4% swing which was a 4% vote increase. The Conservatives polled 7,886 up from 5,207 in 2005. I was born in the North East and grew up in South Shields. I currently live in London and am employed as a Director at Lloyd's Broker Howden International.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Munish Chopra: Chairman of Cities of London and Westminster CF

I wish Munish very good luck in his campaign for Chairman of London West. He's very hard working and deserves to be selected. He's kindly given me the following endorsement:


'I have no hesitation in endorsing Karen for NME. She is highly
organised and a great team worker. She was part of the team that
delivered the fantastic Working Life Training Weekend. She will be a
real asset to CF."

Munish Chopra
Chairman of Cities of London and Westminster CF
Candidate for London North West Area

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris Palmer said...

Interesting how all the candidates are managing to endorse each other, eh.

7:17 pm  
Blogger Karen Allen said...

I think it is fair to say that among the candidates, there are many of us who have worked together in the past and therefore I have been happy to endorse these individuals and receive their endorsement, as I would like to work together with them on next year’s Management Executive.

8:51 pm  
Blogger Karen Allen said...

I do also have endorsements from non candidates....

8:54 pm  
Blogger Chris Palmer said...

So I noticed.

11:01 pm  
Blogger Munish Chopra said...

It is true that some candidates have back others. What is more interesting is the candidates not abcked by other candidates.

Karen and I are working on proposals for more working life events. She is very personable and always willing to get stuck in - I have no hesitation in backing here for NME.

11:29 pm  
Anonymous Cllr. Robert-j Tasker said...

I don't see the problem personally.

If others are happy to endorse someone because they genuinly believe that they are the best for the job than so be it.

Good luck Munish by the way.

11:08 am  
Blogger Munish Chopra said...

Thanks Robert.

4:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A 52 word sentence Karen. That's a little on the long side isn't it?

10:14 pm  
Blogger Karen Allen said...

It's a 51 word sentence actually! I must have started writing that sentence and just didn't want it to end. Hope it didn't offend you, anonymous.

9:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen,

Sorry, i was just being facetious with the 52 word thing (I'm certain it is 52 by the way!).

I sincerely wish you the best of luck and you can count on my vote.

I do think you inadvertantly raise one of the problems which appears intrinsically linked to politics. Everything appears very London-Centric. The Hustings in Manchester are a good start, yet you are from the north-east and find yourself in London, and I too will probably be there within the next 6 months(I hail from the Midlands originally). A London based view of the world has a lot of potential to alienate a lot of people outside the party.

Hopefully your pledge towards new branches will go some way towards helping build support in the regions.

Regards,

James

9:48 pm  
Blogger Karen Allen said...

James, thanks for your comment and support. I really want to open up CF and expanding on the current London Centricity is something I would be committed to if I were elected to the Exec. I was in South Shields / Newcastle at the weekend and was really quite encouraged by the amount of interest shown by people who had considered themselves staunch Labour and in fact those who previously professed no interest in even voting.

10:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home